Bridal Makeup Preparations tips to assist for your wedding day. Your Bridal Makeup should be timeless. 20 years from now, you want to look back at your photographs and still feel you looked beautiful and classic. Makeup should make you look the most beautiful version of yourself, complimenting all you features. Keeping your own personal style is important.
Things to keep in mind for your Bridal Makeup preparations:
1. Book your artist 6-12 months in advanced. Senior experienced Makeup Artists and Hairstylists can get booked up to
18 months in advanced for the seasonal months.
2. Arrange your trial 3-6 weeks before your wedding date. This is imperative. Having the trial will benefit you and
your artist, and give you one less thing to worry about on the day.
3. Make sure your Artists are going to travel to your venue on the wedding day. You definitely don’t want to be running
between salons and venues.
4. Start facials 3-6 months before your wedding, and not a couple of weeks to avoid dealing with breakout disasters.
Do not start a new skin care routine less than 3 months before.
5. Don’t have your makeup done in fluorescent lighting. If you have a professional makeup artist coming to your home,
arrange a trial during daylight, and sit in front of a big window which gets the most natural light.
6. Wear a white/cream top to your trial and take pictures of yourself in natural day light. Do not use a flash.
7. Artists are experts, but cannot read your mind. Bring references to your makeup trial, and try identify what it is
you like from each image. Remember to be realistic, Kim Kardashian’s skin tones, may not translate on you. Remember
to keep your own personal style and not just chose a pretty picture.
8. The bridal makeup myth: Trowel it on for photos. No, it does not need to be caked and plastered to appear in
photos. Please do not let any artist tell you the latter. A beautiful natural makeup, yes more than an everyday
look, will read on camera.
9. Its ok if you want the groom to have the necessary makeup grooming. Asking your makeup artist to even out any
imperfections and combat shine. The boys won’t even notice.
10. Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life. Speak up should you feel something does not quite
11. Avoid a heavy moisturizer, it pretty much eats your makeup off.
12. Do not use anything with an SPF in on the day. This causes ghostly faces when flash photography is used, more so in
an indoor venue.
Follow and tag us on instagram : @makeupbylauren_sa
Categorised in: Expert Bridal Makeup Tips